I'm sick of it. Sick of the bitching. Sick of the talk of censorship. Sick of the self-righteous rantings of people who pretend to be above hate. The country we live in guarantees us the right to free speech. The current Supreme Court interpretation includes art as a form of speech. I have no desire for that to be changed. It could restrict what I write here. Or worse, restrict the writing I try to sell. If you don't like try moving to another country where they don't have that freedom(like Canada where even Dr. Laura is restricted as hate speech)
The thing that has to be remembered about this guy is that he is doing satire. Yup, satire. Just like H.L. Mencken, or Gary Trudeau, or Hunter S. Thompson. I have to be honest with ya here I do find him at least as funny as HST. Sometimes even funnier.
If you look at the "hate lyrics" a little closer you find that he hates nearly everyone on a more or less equal footing. Gays, straights, women, men, his wife, himself, even Dr. Dre, the guy who fronted the cash for him to make this a career. He hates them all.
Having some experience with walking the Earth filled with hate, I can say with some authority that it is not a healthy lifestyle choice. Neither is smoking cigarettes, and I have friends who do that. Smoking isn't funny. Ever.
Sometimes Eminem is.
Let's just leave it at that.