On page 210 I learned that Hannibal Lecter uses a harpy. a spyderco knife originally designed for commercial fishermen for working on seine nets. It is constructed entirely of stainless steel. It has a hook shaped blade with the patented spyderedge serrated blade. It will make short work of virtually nonmetallic material(and even some metallic ones). It is probably my 2nd favorite knife. I can whip one open, cut a piece of technora line and have it closed before most humans even notice what is going on. Spydercos are bar none the finest production knives in the world, and, in fact , are better than the vast majority of custom knive available. There are few practical purpose for a knife that spyderco does have a solution.
At this point I have to admit at this point that I am a hard core knife freak . I am not ashamed of it, it is just me. FWIW given the choice I'd rather play with Angelina Jolie's knife collection than her. (although if you knew the wife I have at home you'd know that Angelina wouldn't be all that tempting)
Holy cow does he have taste in knives. p331 After having to abandon his knives in Florence he replaces them at a gun show:
another harpy
a mariner(my favorite)
a civilian (a modification of the police model similar the original worker, fits inside an altoids tin.)