I can honestly say that I never wished I lived in New Jersey before. This makes me think about it at least a little. I particularly like the reference to the Black Rhinoceros party at the beginning of the page. (that will have to be a whole post later I searched for a good link to put in here but could not find anything but an article which you have to wade thruogh about a dozen other stories to get to a storie about the RCMP 'fessing up to spying on and harrassing the members of the party back in the Heyday.) I'd vote for Dinizio. His thoughts on the the issues are well reasoned and honest. Most importantly he has a backbone. He will certainly not be elected. but I'd vote for him. But then I'd vote for Jel-o Biafra. I'd have to think long and hard about Henry Rollins though. I'm not a big fan of that much jockishness.
I got this little tidbit on the crappy newsfeed on my pager last week while at lunch with some of my coworkers. At the time I said that I thought it was a good idea. I think we need politicians who will say what they think. and show a little unpopular opinion if it is the right thing to do. I can see it now.
"Mr. Dinizio, As the lead singer of a punk band in the 80's, did you ever participate in recreational drug use?"
"Fuck You. Next question please?"
"Mr. Dinizio, we'd like to know your opinion of campaign finance reform."
"Well what we have done up till now has sucked Great Big Hairy Syphillitic Moose Cock. However I have a plan which should remove most of the corruption and vote-buying that big-ass corporations like GM and GE use to get the laws they want passed."
"Errr well then... Mr.... umm Biafra, as the vice presidential running mate is there anything you hope to achieve in office?"
"Yes, I'd like to see mandatory Drug Use training for police and tolerance classes for police administrators. I'm tired of watching people getting their ass beat for mouthing off to the pigs."
" Umm yes well thank you folks for that fresh and interesting outlook. We'll see you in November"
It's not that I feel the need to have swearing in public ok for politicians. It is just that I would like to see more of them actually doing what they believe instead of sucking the money of large corporations in exchange for corporate welfare. And once in awhile they need to be able to say "fuck you that's none of your business".
I had thought of running for office a couple year ago my in my hometown not affiliated with any party. I let my Dad and friends talk me out of it. You see in a town populated by over thirty five thousand people only about 800-1000 to a thousand actually bother to show up for the election. I was pretty sure I could mobilize enough freaks and wackos to get me in. I was confident of my ability to do a honest and good job that I could stay in. Now I am thinking a little more seriously about it. When I get back home I need to visit the board of elections. I've got a little less than sevenyears till I am old enough to run for President according to the copy of the constitution I keep in the palm. and less than two till I am old enough to run for senate. hmmm food for thought. Does anyone know how much it costs to enter a senate race? not the advertising and whatnot, just the paperwork. The advertising would have to be free and the staff even more so. I am not exactly flush with cash and I am not about to be taking much in the line of donations.
thanks to Elise for the Dinizio link.