Wednesday, June 14, 2000

Ok so two hardrives containing the distilled essence of everything our most secret nuclear lab knows are missing. Have been since the fire started. The public just finds out now. The investigation didn't start till after the fire was under control, and they still haven't interviewed everyone.
Is it just me or do other people wonder why our spooks are so damn incompetent. Say what you will about the CIA in the sixties and early seventies, but at least they did their damn job. I don't like spooks. I don't like the fact that we have to have them. I don't trust them with the power they have to have. It REALLY pisses me off that the ones we have now can't do their damn job.
Again I'm not a professional spook, but I know that when something like that goes missing you don't just let the people who are involved scatter to the winds. You lock the place down. If it's burning around you then that is the price they pay for having the opportunity to craft the deadliest weapond on the face of the planet. You don't wait weeks to look for the damn things.