Wednesday, June 07, 2000

I know Exactly how you feel Patti. I had the realization the first time I bought an album(it was a cd but I still think of them that way) that had no songs on it produced in the last decade and the cute, perky, smiley young lass behind the counter said "excellent choice sir, that's a classic". I like to believe that I am not vain, but I just wasn't prepared for that. "excellent choice sir, that's a classic". I shouldn't have to take that from 17 year old girls yet. Yet.

I was buying the Sisters Of Mercy album because I had finally worn out the tape and I no longer even possess a record player. The point was driven firmly home when I got into the car and realized that the miserable rust belt town I was in that week(Cleveland I think, but it could just as easily been Detroit ot Grand rapids) had not one but two radio stations dedicated to playing the music I listened to when I was in high school. Maybe Andrew had it right.

"HEY NOW
HEY NOW N- NOW
EXPLAIN THIS CORROSION TO ME"