Wednesday, June 14, 2000

Elise posts

(my element, originally named Seaborgium after Glenn Seaborg, was originally discovered 26 years ago this month and is now referred to only as Element 106, as it was decided retroactively that it could not be named after a living person - for some reason, I dig that especially)

Some how I am reminded of a movie I halfwatched back in college. There were three characters: the movie star(a lookalike for Marilyn Monroe), the scientist(a lookalike for Albert Einstein),and The baseball player( yup you guessed it Joe Di Maggio).
I think I remember a scene in which the movie star is trying very hard to explain the theory of relativity to the baseball player, but she just can't make it dumb enough for him.
I remember really digging that scene.

I didn't really pay very much attention to the rest of the movie because I was modeling for a fine arts major and she kept yelling at me to turn back around. I don't think I ever figured out why she chose to have that particular movie on while I modeled.