Tuesday, January 09, 2001

next geek tidbit. Many moons ago I purchased my first copy of wired. it was not my last. It came printed on newsprint wir a lightweight glossy cover. even then the graphics were well,,,, glaring at best. But it was the content that got me hooked then. Yuo see there was this article Written by a guy named Steven Levy that changed my life. It was about Cryptography and it changed my life. He has just put out a book called simply enough Crypto. I don't have it yet. but I will (sister who gave me giftcert month's ago that I have yet to use. I didn't know it at the time but this is what it is going to go towards.) Levy even got a cover story for Newsweek.

I beg of you if you don't rush out to buy the book then at least read the articles linked here. more than any technology of the last half century( with the possible exception of the Genome project and they will be intertwined) Crypto will affect your daily life. How and why and what affect is being determined right now. read this stuff and if you care even the tiniest bit get involved in those decisions. If you have questions about how to be involved email me.