Wednesday, January 24, 2001

A couple of quick things I want to talk about in much more detail than I have time.

I have decided that I will actually be happy if Ashcroft is the AG. I know that sound's funny to some of you especially coming from me. So i'll briefly explain. The full force assault that that jack booted thug(who was so hated by his own state's people that they voted in a landslide election for a dead man over him) will place on so many of our basic freedoms is going to force a great deal of the people who have previously been working to cross purposes or just lollygagging around to close ranks, get on the bus and take up the fight against him.

While nominally protecting our second ammendment( and I mean nominally as allowing non felons access to certain types of firearms does not in any way satisfy the intent of the second ammendment, which was to provide the citizens with a means to throw of the yoke of a government gon awry) , he will take as much of our first and fourth ammendments rights as we let him. And If the outright grab at them isn't enough to make all of us close ranks then maybe we don't deserve those rights.


second of great interest but no time for detail I have just returned from slightly over a week at the toronto boat show. I was working for the International marketing arm of the company who has employed me for the last several years. It is a whole different deal there. No red roof inns there. I stayed at the top of the Shreaton Center and was treated to a view of toronto's city hall(which really does have that third world financed by the UN feel to it) and open air ice rink. I ate jerk chicken roti made by actual jamaicans. I ate sausage from the worldfamous vendor outside the even more world famous horseshoe tavern. I even ate an awesome jumbo from Mr. Pong's served to me by a very pierced girl in the now outdated marine unit T-Shirt.

It is difficult to describe how much I love that town.