Thursday, January 04, 2001

I'm not going to turn this into a daily update or sportfanloser site or anything like that. so here it is and you won't hear from me about it again till somebody wrecks or dies or wins.

I'm rooting for Steve. Not just because he's an american. But because I actually like him. I think this latest mishap is a stern reminder to him of where he came from. When he was in Lakota CRUSHING all the pacific records he did it in a stripped out boat with used, recut sails. In that form he managed to shave nearly a week off the san francisco to tokyo record. Similar records fell one right after another. He did it on the proverbial shoestring. Sadly he had to put Lakota ( you all know her, at least you all know what she looks like. Kevin Costner had to save a little money on Waterworld so when he had the boats built for the movie he had Jeanneau pop them out of the same molds as Lakota and Primagaz. it saved him a couple million off a brand new design) up for sale to pay for the new boat. If you think that new boat came cheap well let me tell ya, All Sony paid for was the paint job. the way the contract reads though, he gets to bleed them a certain amount for each world record he sets. So, Steve, I wish you godspeed and lots of wind. May Stan and Bob guide you well and may each day bring new distance records (cuz i know just how in debt you are on this one. And some of it is to the people who sign my checks)

oh and a note to sony TheRace game better be ready for ps2 before summer. It's ok if it's rigged so Playstation wins most of the time