Tuesday, August 01, 2000

in fact I particularly love the candidate analysis. This is what I've been saying all along presented in a nice neat but tongue fully in cheek checklist. Neither one is a viable choice. but they have sucked in all the money to run and advertise. And look at the sorry ass nazi the reform party has served up for us. And even though I am going to throw away my vote on Ralphie, he's not going to be elected.

As humans what have we learned by experimentation this century? Communism doesn't work(people starve and get sent to camps and get corrupt). Fascism doesn't work(people starve and get sent to camps and get corrupt). Free for all go for the jugular capitalism doesn't work(remember the 80's). Managed capitalism works great for the richest people(but has mediocre at best and deadly at worst results for the other 99+% percent of humans on the planet.)

What other thing might we try. Here's a couple ideas.

Twice a year we all get to vote on the two most corrupt congresspeople. No electoral college no filter just straight public vote. They are then taken to the middle of the Mall and Shot on public television(after the kids bedtime please!)

Before you are allowed to hold public office you must work at least four years in some hard physical labor public service. (think Habitat or the thirties work camps) we might even get our interstates back in shape

A constitutional monarchy with a once a year vote of confidence. failure same as for the corrupt congresspeople.

I am sure other people out there have ideas feel free to Email

I apologize for the bloodthirsty nature of todays post. For rather obvious reasons, I get crabby when I am away from home for too long.