Now for something that really gets me pissed. I am VERY tired of when normal ordinary nutjobs do normal nutjob stuff like killing people, the media blame the internet before the bodies are even cold. The implication seems to be that because knives are easily available on the internet that the internet is somehow to blame for the killing.
What the article somehow doesn't seem to grasp is the the purchase of a knife on the internet which generated a paper trail is one of the things that helped the stupid kids get caught so quickly. The paper trail wouldn't have been generated if the knife had been bought at the local surplus store and paid for with cash.
Now as a guy who really like knives, I am concerned about the attempt to regulate them already. not a day goes by that I don't use a knife as a useful tool. From cutting open a box to severing a sheet that is jammed on the winch and we need to tack right now unless we want to hit that boat and not only get hurt but far worse get disqualified. I have never killed anyone with a knife. I have at times been tempted to remove a person's thumb, toe, or other assorted appendage but again, I never have actually had to do such.
We are talking about a tool I carry daily and use daily. The fact that it is also potentially a weapon DOES NOT give you or anybody else the right to regulate its purchase or possesion. Period.
I once had a screwdriver put through the web of my hand. Believe me you would much rather be stabbed with a knife than an unregulated flathead screwdriver.