skip to main | skip to sidebar

Cumorglas

rants, running commentary on my life and those I can see, and eventually a searchable archive of my thoughts as I have recently found that my brain likes to hide bits of knowledge just when I need it.

Friday, February 09, 2001

From Declan McCullagh at wired


Admiral Tom Wilson, head of the Defense Intelligence Agency, says the 74-year-old communist dictator may be preparing a cyberattack against the United States.

Wilson told the Senate Intelligence Committee during a public hearing Wednesday that Castro's armed forces could initiate an "information warfare or computer network attack" that could "disrupt our military."

The panel later went into closed session to discuss classified material.

Sen. Ron Wyden (D-Ore.) asked in response: "And you would say that there is a real threat that they might go that route?"

Replied Wilson: "There's certainly the potential for them to employ those kind of tactics against our modern and superior military."


Yeah. Our modern and superior military that is going to use windows 2000 to do Command and Control on our aircraft carriers. That one.
snicker
Posted by Cu Mor Glas at 21:44
Newer Post Older Post Home

Followers

Blog Archive

  • ►  2010 (2)
    • ►  March (1)
    • ►  February (1)
  • ►  2005 (1)
    • ►  December (1)
  • ►  2004 (7)
    • ►  August (2)
    • ►  June (1)
    • ►  May (1)
    • ►  February (3)
  • ►  2002 (17)
    • ►  April (4)
    • ►  March (2)
    • ►  February (3)
    • ►  January (8)
  • ▼  2001 (120)
    • ►  December (12)
    • ►  November (14)
    • ►  October (10)
    • ►  September (7)
    • ►  August (3)
    • ►  July (3)
    • ►  June (9)
    • ►  May (6)
    • ►  April (4)
    • ►  March (8)
    • ▼  February (27)
      • Now for something that really gets me pissed. I a...
      • while I am on the subject. Migs were designed to ...
      • maybe I am overreacting. it turns out that i am a...
      • about two hours ago somebody searched my site look...
      • for a very limited time only!some levellers tunes.
      • Another one of easily the top ten live acts in the...
      • Well for those of you who didn't go; The leveller...
      • In relation to the last post I am going to ask a v...
      • for those of you who have been slightly distressed...
      • To go along with the desperately in need of an upd...
      • not that I have a problem with that. I like miata...
      • go ahead tell me that the miata wasn't a blatant r...
      • There is something I have been meaning to post for...
      • While driving to work today I heard the nonsurpris...
      • From Declan McCullagh at wiredAdmiral Tom Wilson, ...
      • In the old days there were places on USENET where ...
      • What would you do with with Both Arafat's and Gate...
      • How the hell did I get lumped in with the new aqua...
      • For EvFree tips on the drug trade.1) find an ADDI...
      • Ok roll back to a decade or so ago. Under a diffe...
      • you can consider this to translate roughly to "We ...
      • for those of you that are curious the diesel outbo...
      • Yes I know it's old but damnit I just found it and...
      • Yesterday in a Scottish court on a US air base in ...
      • Now here is something to lose sleep over. they co...
      • Fucking raytheon. Another big brother award for t...
      • There are a couple posts that I dreamed up over th...
    • ►  January (17)
  • ►  2000 (138)
    • ►  December (8)
    • ►  November (9)
    • ►  October (6)
    • ►  September (8)
    • ►  August (17)
    • ►  July (22)
    • ►  June (51)
    • ►  May (17)

About Me

Cu Mor Glas
Everything you find here is copyright to me 1998-2010. You are more than welcome to read and link to it. but reprinting or reposting is not ok. if you are a publisher interested in acquiring rights feel free to contact me.
View my complete profile