Tuesday, February 17, 2004

I went to see Hank Williams III. On Valentines Day. I bought the tickets with the intention of wallowing. I didn't expect to do the opposite. But then things seldom turn out the way you plan.

He played at Mohawk Place. The closest thing to a honky tonk in Buffalo. although to be honest it is really more of a dive bar. It's a good venue for this kind of thing.

Hank was touring this time with his country band and assjack. The country set was spectacular. he played the songs I wanted to hear and played one of his grandpa's songs that you just don't hear anywhere. It really is creepy how much he looks and sounds like his grandpa. the transition set was exactly the kind of agressive music you would expect of someone who calls his music hellbilly. The assjack set was just good solid thrash metal.

the most interesting thing was that I didn't feellike wallowing at all once i got there. In fact i felt alright for the first time in a long while. I felt ready to start looking again. and i knew exactly what i wanted. I had no idea how to start but I at least i knew what i wanted and that Idid want it. life is so much easier with a target.