This year was a little different. events around conspired to make it easy to remind just how wonderful my life is. Several of my friends have returned to the western new york area to live and while I didn't get to see them on thursday i did speak with most of them and have seen all of them in the last week or so. one of mt friends who lives far away came home last weekend to see me. my wife and kids are safe, happy and well fed. the thanksgiving dinners were organized in such a manner as i got to spend time with those relatives that I like and had to spend little with those that i don't. my children didn't break anyone's nose or anything like that. the weather couldn't possibly have been better. the freezer is full of venison.
Honestly, I am a little embarassed about how easy it is to be thankful this year. But don't take that for ungrateful.