Friday, August 24, 2001

This morning on the ride to work, I have never missed my caddy more. For those of you who don't know I once had a 1970 Caddilac Coupe De Ville. It was huge. It had a high compression pre emissions control 472 cubic inch engine. It put out 470 horsepower and 525 foot lbs of torque. It was 400 pounds heavier than my dad's suburban and eight inches longer. It was red with a white top. It had a white leather bench seat. It would do donuts on dry pavement. It refused to run on anything less that 104 octane fuel. when you rolled rolled all the power windows down there was no pillar from the windshield to the rear window. You could fit eight bodies in the trunk with out sectioning them first.

It was a mighty big car.

It was the ultimate good weather windows down stereo cranked get it out of your system car. There is an exit from the free way not too far from my house that I once took at well over 60 miles an hour with the foot down and the car in full float sideways mode. just to see if you could do it like Hunter Thompson says. You can. If you've got balls.

This morning the weather was PERFECT. the radio was on. I'd just had sex. The new butthole surfer's tune came on the radio. I flipped the volume all the way to the right. The problem was that the little pontiac sunbird that I drive lately was just insufficient to express my joy at being alive.

Oh well .

on another note this morning before I left for work I made a playlist of music to play in the morning when I get up to help set my attitude in the right direction.

the current list:

Hank Williams, Sr. - Hey Good Looking.mp3
Levellers - captains courageous.mp3
Thethe - Perfect.mp3
Fred Eaglesmith - Mighty Big Car.mp3
Levellers - One Way.mp3
My Life With The Thrill Kill Cult - Sex On Wheels.mp3
I mother earth - One More Astronaut.mp3
Levellers - The Boatman.mp3
Blue Rodeo - Diamond Mine.mp3
Northern Pikes - Kiss Me You Fool.mp3
Pixies - Surfer Rosa - 01 - Bone Machine.mp3
Fred Eaglesmith - Seven Shells.mp3
Screaming Blue Messiahs - gun03 Smash the Market Place.mp3
Levellers - Carry Me.mp3

It may date me but there it is.