some background. counting today I have puked less than dozen times in my nearly three decades of existence here. my aforementioned nearly perfect wife has some health problems. they are incredibly complicated and not really something i want to talk about here. one of the worst complications is something that is remarkably similar to but not the same as IBS. the gist is that when the trigger event happens(a particular food, stress, etc) her body stops at the point where her stomach joins her intestines. every thing above that point is ejected immediately out the top, and everything below is sent very rapidly out the bottom. the whole process takes about an hour. it takes days to recover from the effects.
some time last night or this morning I ate something that didn't agree with me. I am not sure exactly was it was but i have my suspicions. the end result was that the above event happened to me for the first time in my life. I can honestly say that this was the single most unpleasant physical experience i've ever had. take note that this statement comes from a guy who has been laying on the ground unfortunately conscious while six much bigger guys kicked the shit out of him; from a guy that has had the cinch strap from his saddle break while ascending a rocky streambed and in the resulting chaos had his beloved quarterhorse step on him at least five times. this was much worse than either of those things. I survived this but not without a lot of whining and bad language.
the point to this story is that this horrible physical ordeal that i just went through is something she puts up with on a regular basis and with virtually no whining on her part.