In a few hours I leave to go home. I take the Redeye home. I leave an 2130 and won't actually see my Wife and Chilluns till 0930 tomorrow. I really need to get home. It has been a terrible week to be away. My middle son and wife were attacked by a rabid cat. No joke, honest to god a friggin rabid cat. My beloved wife's best friend lives a little further out than we do, and when they go out there to play, I'm always the overprotective father. "hon, make sure you check them for ticks later they've been having trouble with Lyme disease out there" I never think to say keep them away from rabid feral cats.
Oh well it sucks but, I'll be home soon.
I think the lowest point was when my son, who is two, asked to talk to me on the phone, which he never does, and said "PAPA I GOT BIT BY MEAN CAT AND NOW I HAVE TO GET SHOTS AND I WANT YOU TO COME HOME NOW!!!! FROM CALIFORNIA!!!!! IN TWO MINUTES!!!!!"
I actually may add this to the list of lowest points in my life. right next to watching my wifes blood pressure spend five minutes at zero, and that one horrible day on South Carolina.